I want these emails to be as interesting as possible. That means there’ll be some politics – it’s important that I am held accountable. But I also want to offer information about what’s on locally. So, if you have an event you’d like me to advertise, let me know.
Nottingham’s biggest and most popular free festival weekend!
Friday 4 August to Sunday 6 August, 6:30-9pm
There will also be the Dragon Boat Challenge from 10am-5pm Sunday!
Bestwood Park Church’s Bestop Kitchen
Social Eating Event, Donations Welcome
Bestwood Park Church, Beckhampton Road, NG5 5NG
Every Tuesday, 12-3pm
School’s Out Summer 2017
School Holiday Activities for just £1 per day!
Southglade Leisure Centre, John Carroll Leisure Centre, Clifton Leisure Centre, Portland Centre (doesn’t run on a Tuesday), Minver Crescent Sports Centre
Monday to Friday (except bank holidays), Between 31st July and 25th August, 9am-4pm,
For further information please see http://www.nottscountyfitc.org.uk/our-work/projects/schoolsout/
If you would like your events advertised here, or further information on those advertised, please email me at email@example.com.
That’s all for now! Details of how to get in touch or to have a look at the things I’m doing are below…
All the best,
How to contact me
If you would like to contact me, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or give my Nottingham North constituency office a ring on 0115 975 2377.
If you are a constituent from Nottingham North e-mailing me regarding a casework issue you are my priority, so please ensure your message includes:
· your full name
· your full postal address, including postcode
· a contact telephone number and
· any helpful details relevant to your case such as date of birth, reference numbers etc.
Strict parliamentary protocol means I can only deal with issues on behalf of my own constituents. If you aren’t sure whether you live in Nottingham North, you can check who your local MP is by entering your postcode online here: findyourmp.parliament.uk.
You may also wish to write to me with your concerns. If so please send your correspondence to Alex Norris MP, House of Commons, London, SW1A OAA. All constituents who take the time and trouble to write a personal letter will receive a reply as a matter of priority.
Other useful links
· Alex’s Website: click here.
· Alex’s Twitter: click here.
· Nottingham City Council: click here.
· Find your MP: click here.
· Register to vote: click here.
· School term dates in Nottingham: click here.
· If you’d like to learn more about the Labour party their website is here.
· To join the Labour Party click here.
· Nottingham BBC news: click here.
· East Midlands BBC news: click here.
· Nottingham Post: click here.
· Notts TV: click here.
· Benefits Information: Here’s an excellent site that allows you to find out exactly what benefits you are eligible to claim: EntitledTo
· Housing: please contact your City Council
· Problems with benefits or the Child Support Agency? The Citizens Advice Bureau and the Nottingham Welfare Rights Service can give advice. Remember to have your National Insurance number handy if you make an inquiry.
· Local schools / education matters: please contact your City Council.
· Employment rights: see Citizens Advice Bureau or the Trades Union Congress for info.
· Social services, environmental health, noise nuisance, parking, and Council Tax should all be addressed to the City Council.
· Another useful website on public services is Direct.gov.
For the main Parliamentary website click here and to explore the Parliamentary education site click here.